Craft Blog

On this blog I keep a record of things that I have made. I love to sew, repurpose, create and design things! I consider myself pretty crafty. I hope you enjoy seeing my latest projects! Crafting is a great release for me so check back often because I will be adding new things all the time!

Sunday, February 27, 2011

A new Dress

Ok so I am totally kicking myself because I didn't take a "before" picture of the sweater. But imagine Travis' Dad giving me a sweater that is a Eddie Baurer XL 100% wool sweater. I LOVED it but obviously it was WAY too big. I had to save it from the Goodwill pile and turn it into something. SO I did what any other craftaholic would do, I repurposed it. I cut off the sleeves. I flipped it inside out and fit it to my shape with pins, cut off the extra and surged it back together. and TADA perfect new dress. I wore it out to our valentines dinner! It is even cuter in person! So next time you have a huge sweater... give it a try!




*I totally turned the sleeves into a scarflette!

No comments: